The 2023 Philippine International Jiu Jitsu Open is the 1st International Competition is the South East Asian region since 2004 . The competition is open to all competitors in White , Blue Purple, Brown and Black Belt Divisions , including Kids , Juniors and Master M1 , M2 , M3 and M4 . IBJJF Rules apply for both Gi and No Gi.
VENUE : Ayala Circuit Makati (Activity Center) On behalf of the BJJ community we wish to thank Ayala Circuit Makati and the staff for their continued support of the sport of Jiu Jitsu.
Date : Saturday April 22
All Gi and No Gi Divisions will be held on Saturday April 22
- REGISTRATION DETAILS AND FEES : Registration Deadline Sunday April 16
- Weigh In same day before your match , IBJJF weight classes
- Discounted rates before Sunday April 2
- Before Monday January 9 Single entry P1995
- Two Events Gi / No Gi add P895 to your entry fee of P1995
- Absolute add P600 for Gi and add P 600 for No Gi
- After Sunday April 2 , Single entry P2100
- Two Events Gi / No Gi add P995 to your entry fee of P2100
- Absolute add P600 for Gi and P600 for No Gi
- Double entries : Adults & Masters are two divisions and two separete entries
- No refunds allowed after registrations , transfer of registration to team mates is allowed only before the Registration deadline April 17. No refunds if you register for Absolute and decide not to compete .
- Absolute registration: click yes at the bottom of the page after you have registered for your division. No Absolute registrations on the day no refunds for Absolute entries.
REGISTRATION :Last Day to register Sunday April 17 ; Registrations may close earlier if we reach full capacity.
REGISTRATION LINK : https://smoothcomp.com/en/event/10987
All Competitor must create their own Smoothcomp account using their email address including Team Entries that are making direct deposits. From this account they can see the brackets match schedule and edit or make changes to their entry. For Team entries and payment via Bank deposit Coaches or Individuals can create their own Smoothcomp account create their entries which will be approved after payment has been received. This way competitor scan edit and correct their own entries.
We are using this system to upgrade and improve the competition experience inline with the standard set overseas.
To register at Smooth Comp account https://smoothcomp.com/en using your email details . You can edit and update your entry anytime up to the last day of registration Tuesday April 18. Corrections : Last Day Monday April 17 : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Make a Correction: Before the Deadline log into your Smoothcomp account and edit and correct your own entry.
Match Schedule : The competition will start at 9am
COMPETITOR CHECK LIST : Please check the following ;
- Team name has been entered
- Correct spelling of your name
- Correct weight and belt division
- Did you register for the Absolute
- Gi and No Gi registration
Weigh in on the day prior to your 1st match
If you do not make weight you will be disqualified and ineligible to fight in your division and the open.
Juniors , Masters and Kids are required to show a copy of an ID showing their date of birth (do not bring originals and keep the document after it has been seen at the weigh in).
Kids belts are all classified in the registration as white belts there are no separate belt categories for children
Medals : Gold , Silver and two Bronze medals for all divisions
IBJJF Rules apply ; Straight foot locks are allowed for White belts.
CATEGORIES BELOW ( Masters can compete in an age below but not in the age group above their age ie M1 can not compete in M2 divisions)
|2010 & before||Kids age 13 and below||Mixed belts|
|2006 & before||Junior||White/Blue divisions age14-17|
|Adult||White,Blue,Purple, Brown Black 18-29|
|M 1||White,Blue,Purple, Brown,Black 30 – 35|
|M 2||White,Blue, Purple , Brown , Black 36- 40|
|1982 & |
|M 3||White,Blue, Purple , Brown , Black 41- 45|
|1977 & |
|M 4||White,Blue, Purple , Brown , Black 36- 40|
PAYMENT METHODS : Registrations are processed only after payment has been received.
- Online registration – click the registration links. For your registration to be processed you must pay at the same time that you register, follow the links after registration. Registrations without payment are not processed.
- Team entries paying via Gcash or direct deposit ; A Coach , Team Captain or individual competitor can make thier own entries online at Smoothcomp by creating your own account. Details of the entries can be sent to us and we will then approved the entry after payment has been received. Entries are not registered and approved until payment has been received and the file is updated.
- By Creating your own account you can edit the registration
- Bank Payment Account; Multiple entries / Team entries and single entries via Gcash.
ECD Events Concepts Designs Inc
Bank of Commerce,
Wack Wack , Petron Station
111 – 0000 – 2851- 3
Email deposit slip and entries to; email@example.com
- Gcash details sent via email
- Direct payment : single or multiple entries .
Pay at KMA
Tordesillas St Makati or
Wack Wack Gym Mandaluyong
Email to Mike; firstname.lastname@example.org
- VENUE DRESS CODE and RULES
- Wear a T shirt or rash guard at all times around the venue we are in a shopping center not the gym .
- CHANGE ROOM : Male and Female are provided behind the stage
- Use Footwear around the mat area to avoid brining dirt onto the Mats
- Please do not block the aisle ways and sit around shop frontages
GI AND NO GI ATTIRE: inspection is made prior to the match to ensure competition clothing meets the standards set by IBJJF see the rules section for further information at ibjjf.com. Head dress cab be worn by female competitors.
- Gi ATTIRE : must be of uniform colour , of sufficient length ie the sleeves should be 5cm from wrist when arms are extended forward, the jacket must reach the athletes thigh area , pants need to reach the ankles. Only female competitors can wear a rash guard under the Gi. Undergarments must be worn , Gi must be clean and the belt and Gi in good condition .
- Gi inspection will verify whether the following official measurements are met: GI lapel thickness (1.3 cm), width of GI collar (5 cm), opening of sleeve at full extension (7 cm).Click to zoom imageOTHER REQUIREMENTS
- PATCHES may only be affixed in authorized regions of the GI, as depicted in the IBJJF Rules Book. They should be of cotton fabric and properly seamed.
- NO GI RASH GUARDS Both genders must wear a shirt of elastic material (skin tight) long enough to cover the torso all the way to the waistband of the shorts, colored black, white, or black and white, and with at least 10% of the rank color(belt) to which the athlete belongs. Shirts 100% the color of the athlete’s rank (belt) are also permitted.
- NO GI SHORTS FOR MEN : Board shorts colored black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs, without pockets or with the pockets stitched completely shut, without buttons, exposed drawstrings, zippers or any form of plastic or metal that could present a risk to the opponent, long enough to cover at least halfway down the thigh, and no longer than the knee.
- Also permitted are compression shorts made of elastic material (skin tight) worn beneath the shorts, in the colors black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs
- NO GI SHORTS FOR WOMEN : Shorts, compression pants (skin-tight spats) and/or compression shorts colored black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs. The shorts must not have pockets or have the pockets stitched completely shut, must not have buttons, zippers or any kind of plastic or metal that could present a risk to the opponent, and must be long enough to cover halfway down the thigh and no longer than the knee.
- GI AND RASH GUARD CHECKING : Your Gi will be checked prior to the match , pre check your Gi and Belt that it matches the IBJJF requirements. You have one minute to change your Gi if it does not meet the specifications. Short sleeve Rash guards only they should be body fitting and contain not less than 10 % of your belt colour . Tops or shirts that are not body fitting are not allowed you will be required to change.
EVENT INFORMATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Competitors : please leave the competition area after your match to avoid congestion in the area. BE AT THE EVENT AREA ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR MATCH SCHEDULE.
- Not Allowed : Competitors are not allowed to wear groin cups.. Knee braces should not contain metal or plastic material. Gi & No Gi no slippery creams or oils allowed on the body or hair.
- Coaching : No Coaching within the Mat Area, except one Coach is allowed for Children’s or Novice matches, or for hearing impaired athletes. Please sit at the table side chairs and leave the area after the match.
- Photographers / Videographers please ask for a Media Badge , no one is allowed in the competition area without a badge.
- Change room / Toilet :Situated behind the stage down the stairs , wear your Gi or rash guard when in the mall do not walk around with out a shirt. Do not change in Public and always wear a shirt.
- Discipline : Please Observe the commands given by the Guards and the Event staff
- Awarding : You must receive your medal on the Podium, dressed in Competition attire. Can not receive your medal after the awarding ceremony. Single medalist can pick up their medals as per announcer.
- Ayala Mall : We are very grateful for the use of the Mall , Respect the Mall and its patrons , follow the instructions given by the Guards and Comp Officials , please keep your area clean and be courteous to others , no swearing or bad language is tolerated. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH. We want to project a good image of ourselves and the sport.
- Eligibility : Black Belts Adult competitors in Judo and National Team Wrestlers – Register as Blue Belts in the Adult Divisions or if you Qualify as a Master register in the Purple belt division Masters Division in both Gi and No Gi .
- Accomodations Near The Competition Venue: Lub d Makati, in collaboration with BJJFP, is offering 15% off on all room categories. Just use the Promo Code “BJJ” when booking a room.
2023 Team Registration Form
etails to be posted soon