2016 Philippine BJJ Novice Gi and No Gi Championships - June 18
2016 Philippine Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi and No Gi Novice International Championships - SM Sucat Saturday June 18
TEAM ENTRY / WEIGHT DIVISION CHECKLIST FORMS
This is a one-day Gi and No Gi competition open to all players and countries.
The event is to provide an opportunity for competitors who are new to the sport
to compete against other athletes at a similar level.
For many competitors this will be their first competition.
White belts only all stripes.
Medalists in the Friendship games are eligible to compete.
Competitors who have placed GOLD in any BJJFP or IBJJF competitions including Absolute are ineligible.
If you have received a Gold but no one was in your division or a team member was in the division then you are eligible to compete.
If you have received a GOLD in a Gi competition you are still eligible to compete in No Gi and vice versa.
No Professional MMA fighters, Open to Judo Brown belts and below, No National wrestling team members.
SM Sucat ( Near the Airport )
Door RD U 3
Please note competition is on Saturday only for Gi and No Gi - see schedule below
Specific Division Weigh in times will be notified
BJJ - Gi - - start 9.00 am
BJJ - No Gi - time to be notified
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Tuesday June 14
Early payment before June 5
One event P 1195
Two events add P795
After June 5
One event P1295
Two events add P895
Rules - competition information
IBJJF rules apply, see the rule links above
Please read the rules or attend a rules meeting.
Exception: Straight foot locks for white belts are not allowed
Only division medalist can register for the Absolute division
All Black, White, Blue or Pink for Ladies see Gi specifications for patches and length of Gi's in the rules section.
All athletes to wear Gi and belt (no t-shirts, groin cups, or knee braces, hair gel)
No GI Attire
As required by IBJJF. All competitors must wear a rash guard, which reflects their belt.
Examples; white sleeves for white belts / blue sleeves for blue belts, or all blue or all white rash guards, short or long sleeve
NO GI - Weigh in with rash guard and shorts (no t-shirts, groin cups, body/ hair gel, or knee braces). .
Shorts: all Black fight shorts, logos are allowed on both rash guards and shorts, no pockets and zippers allowed
Only athletes with the correct attire can compete, No exceptions. Approved Rash guards will be available at the event.
Brackets - Corrections - Competitor check list
Brackets Gi ;
Brackets No Gi ;
Notice to competitors ; If you are the only person in your bracket you can
change on the day, stay in your division and fight in the Absolute .
Only medalists can fight the Absolute
All Competitors: Please Check Brackets and the competitor checklist above upon release,
No changes will be made after Wednesday June 15 , 12 am.
For Changes send an email to; email@example.com: Subject " CORRECTION "
Prior to Wednesday June 15, 12 am.
A mat schedule will be posted Wednesday night,
Please be at the venue 60 minutes before
your match time.
Registrations are processed only after payment has been received
Last day to register
1. Online registration - click the registration links
For your registration to be processed you must pay at the same time that you register,
Follow the links after registration.
2. Direct deposit - for multiple or Team entries only
You must email your deposit slip with your entries at the same time
ECD Events Concepts and Designs
Bank of Commerce,
111 - 00 - 0027533
Email deposit slip and entries to; firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Direct payment
Pay at KMA
Tordesillas St Makati or
Wack Wack Gym, Wack Wack Royal Mansion, Mandaluyong
Email to Mike; email@example.com
Call Brady 551 -4449,
- Before his/her first fight, the athlete will check his/her weight wearing the Gi or in No Gi with the correct attire.
- There is only one opportunity to check the weight.
- If the competitor does not make his/her weight, they will be immediately disqualified.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You cannot change divisions after the date above.
- No refunds issued.
- Any false information provided during registration such as DOB and Eligibility qualification but not limited to; Will lead to immediate disqualification; such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future BJJFP/ IBJJF events.
- No spectators or coaches allowed in the competition area.
- Absolute divisions - only division medalists are eligible to compete in the Absolute
- No Straight foot locks allowed in the white belt division.
- All competitors to read the Code of conduct below.
- Footwear must be worn around the competition venue at all times; we want our mats clean for the competitor’s welfare and hygiene, walking bare feet is unacceptable in the mall.
- All competitors must leave the competition area immediately after their match.
- Do not walk in front of the scoreboards, across the mat to another mat or over the barricades.
- Wait on the side of the mat to be called by the referee before entering the mat area
- Show respect.
- All competitors are to wait for the winner to be announced before leaving the mat, in case of victory please stay in the warm up area.
- All competitors must wear Shoes / Shirts / Pants around the competition venue
- Competitors who do not abide by instructions giving by officials can be disqualified and possibly banned from future events.
- All competitors to read the code of conduct below
Code of Conduct
PLEASE NOTE - Venue rules / Competitor and Coach conduct;
- With the continued support of SM we are able to stage showcase events which are subject to certain conditions.
- All bags must be in the baggage area, no exceptions, as you weigh in you must surrender your bag to the baggage area.
- If you are unwilling to do so you will be disqualified.
Every person i.e. coach, competitor, spectator at a BJJ event represents the sport, the reputation of the sport is more important than the individual. Individual actions reflect the group, if you are unable to control yourself on or of the mat please do not attend or register for the event. As martial artists we should be an example of what is good about martial arts, respect, honor and good character.
If you are unwilling to abide by the rules it jeopardize the sports reputation. Unruly competitors / coaches / spectators who do not show respect towards others and follow rules, are not welcome.
Any verbal abuse directed towards the Referee, Officials, SM staff, would be cause for immediate disqualification from the competition and possibly a one-year competition ban, any physical abuse is a lifetime ban without recourse. In certain cases IBJJF will also be notified. If you do not follow instructions given by officials this will be cause for immediate disqualification without warning.
At any time during a match if a competitor acts in an unsportsmanlike manner i.e. shoves his opponent this is cause for an immediate disqualification from the event, no medal if won will be awarded.
Venue and Mat rules - Important info
- No Spectators / Coach’s (Children's match's, one coach allowed) Allowed in the competition area,
Only authorized persons with an officials badge can video or photograph match's inside the competition area.
- Wear your competition cloths when receiving medals and change in the area provided.
- Further obligations; we are guests in the mall, please act accordingly, foul language is unacceptable, children and parents are present..
- Do not walk around the mall with out a shirt on, change your shorts or Gi pants in the change area or bathroom, failure to abide by any of these rules will lead to disqualification.
Please follow the instructions given by officials or SM Staff, if you are asked to leave the area, please leave.
We are all here for the enjoyment of the sport, to see competition at its best and to have fun at these events. The Referees and Officials are there to carry out important functions with out them the events would not exist; they are entitled to everyone’s utmost respect.
BJJFP will not accept any disrespect directed towards officials and between individual competitors.