2016 Friendship Games Gi - Nov 20 SM Sucat
2016 Friendship Novice Games – Sunday November 20 SM Sucat
To continue to develop the grassroots of the sport several Novice BJJ competitions will be held each year , winners of the 2015 Friendship Games are still eligible to compete in any other Friendship games and in the Philippine Novice Championships.
The Novice comps provide an important opportunity for new students to compete and test themselves on an equal level while having the support of their team and instructors at their side.
This is a Gi competition only.
Eligibility Criteria ;
White Belts only all stripes
Gold medalists from the 2015 BJJFP Novice comps are accepted.
No Gold medalist from previous BJJFP / IBJJF comps are not eligible to compete.
No current or former professional MMA fighters , National Wrestling Team members , or Judo Black belts.
SM Sucat ( Near the Airport )
Building B, Door RD U 3
Event Area, Level 3
Paranaque City, Manila
TEAM ENTRY / WEIGHT DIVISION CHECKLIST FORMS
Weigh in Gi
Match - schedule
Be at the venue at least half an hour before your match
By Mat number
Date and Start time
DATE; Sunday November 20
Weigh in time 9.30am
3 mats will be used
Notice to all competitors
Please check the match schedules below, this is an estimates time for each division and
ll competitors should be t lest one hour at the venue prior to your match time s we may start earlier
With your co-operation the organizers will try to make the competition as efficient and smooth s possible.
Only division medalist can enter the Absolute division.
Absolute enrollment will be called after the division has been competed please listen out for the call.
To ensure we run on time we need your assistance.
No coaching inside the comp mat area except for the children's match's. (one coach / parent only)
Wait for the signal before stepping on the mat and do not walk across other mat areas or over barricades.
All competitors are to leave the match area immediately after your match ,no exceptions.
Wait in the holding area for your name to be called at least one hour before the scheduled time.
A change room and bagagge area will be provided please use them.
Warm up mats will be provided.
We hope everyone enjoys the event we look forward to seeing some great match’s.
All Black, White, Blue or Pink for Ladies see Gi specifications for patches and length of Gi's in the rules section.
All athletes to wear Gi and belt (no t-shirts, groin cups, or knee braces, hair gel)
All Gi ‘s to be in good order no holes or tears or loose patches
No GI Attire
As required by IBJJF. All competitors must wear a rash guard, which reflects their belt.
Examples; white sleeves for white belts
No Gi - Weigh in with rash guard and shorts (no t-shirts, groin cups, body/ hair gel, or knee braces). .
Shorts: all Black fight shorts, logos are allowed on both rash guards and shorts, no pockets and zippers allowed
Only athletes with the correct attire can compete, no exceptions. Approved Rash guards will be available at the event.
IBJJF current rules will be followed, see the rule links above
Rule change; Straight foot locks for white belts are not allowed
all other rules remain the same.
See the link on the front page for No Gi requirements. .
Notice to Competitors
- Before his/her first fight, the athlete will check his/her weight wearing the Gi or in No Gi with the correct attire.
- There is only one opportunity to check the weight.
- If the competitor does not make his/her weight, they will be immediately disqualified.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You cannot change divisions after the correction date above.
- No refunds issued for any resson, if you do not make weight you will be disqualified
- Any false information provided during registration such as Date of Birth and Eligibility qualification but not limited to; Will lead to immediate disqualification; such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future BJJFP/ IBJJF events.
- No spectators or coaches allowed in the competition area except for children's matches.
- Children's matches one coach only is allowed.
- Absolute divisions - only division medalists are eligible to compete in the Absolute
- No Straight foot locks allowed in the white belt division.
- All competitors to read the Code of Conduct ad Competitor Etiquette below.
- Footwear must be worn around the competition venue at all times; we want our mats clean for the competitor’s welfare and hygiene, walking bare feet is unacceptable in the mall.
- All competitors must leave the competition area immediately after their match.
- Do not walk in front of the scoreboards, across the mat to another mat or over the barricades
- Competitors climbing over the barricades or walking across the mats to get to another mat will be automatically disqualified.
- Wait on the side of the mat to be called by the referee before entering the mat area
- Show respect at all times to fellow competitors, officials and SM staff.
- All competitors are to wait for the winner to be announced before leaving the mat, in case of victory please stay in the warm up area.
- All competitors must wear Shoes / Shirts / Pants around the competition venue, change in the changing room provided.
- Competitors who do not abide by instructions giving by officials can be disqualified and possibly banned from future events.
- All competitors to read the code of conduct below
Venue and Mat rules - Important info
- No Spectators / Coach’s (Children's match's, one coach allowed) Allowed in the competition area,
Only authorized persons with an officials badge can video or photograph match's inside the competition area. If you are from a media source you can get an officials badge on the day
- Further obligations; we are guests in the mall, please act accordingly, foul language is unacceptable, children and parents are present..
- Do not walk or sit around the mall with out a shirt on, change your shorts or Gi pants in the change area or bathroom, failure to abide by any of these rules will lead to disqualification.
Code of Conduct
PLEASE NOTE - Other Venue rules / Competitor and Coach’s conduct;
- With the continued support of SM we are able to stage premier events at SM which are subject to certain conditions.
- All bags must be in the baggage area, no exceptions.
- Every person i.e. coach, competitor, spectator at a BJJ event represents the sport, the reputation of the sport is more important than the individual. Individual actions reflect the group, if you are unable to control yourself on or of the mat please do not attend or register for the event. As martial artists we should be an example of what is good about martial arts, respect, honor and good character.
- Any verbal abuse directed towards the Referee, Officials, SM staff, would be cause for immediate disqualification from the competition and possibly a one-year competition ban, any physical abuse is a lifetime ban without recourse. In certain cases IBJJF will also be notified. If you do not follow instructions given by officials this will be cause for immediate disqualification without warning. .
- At any time during a match if a competitor acts in an unsportsmanlike manner i.e. shoves his opponent this is cause for an immediate disqualification from the event, no medal if won will be awarded.
Please follow the instructions given by officials or SM Staff, if you are asked to leave the area, please leave.
We are all here for the enjoyment of the sport, to see competition at its best and to have fun at these events. The Referees and Officials are there to carry out important functions with out them the events would not exist; they are entitled to everyone’s utmost respect.
BJJFP will not accept any disrespect directed towards officials and between individual competitors.