Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines - SEA Games - Regional Selection Trials Nov 4
SM Mall of Asia
Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines (JJFP) is the official National Sports
Association (NSA) of the Philippines recognized by the POC and the PSC .
BJJFP recognizes the positive role an NSA can have on the sport in the
Philippines and will endeavor to work with and assist the JJFP to
reach common goals.
One of the functions of an NSA is to select a National pool of players to
represent the Philippines at International competitions.
The major competition for selection is the National Trials.
To be eligible for selection you must compete and place in at least one JJFP event.
Selection is based on the best results of the competitors.
SEA Games Trials.
On Nov 4 the SEA Games Trials will be held.
This is an open competition to all Teams including Deftac who have made several announcements that there players have been omitted from the National Team
There has never been any restriction in place for Filipinos BJJ competitors or Teams to compete in any JJFP event.
All players have to do is register and ensure they meet the eligibility criteria below.
JJFP sincerely wish to see the biggest number of eligible players contest for places so the best possible Team can be selected.
The SEA Games is an important event in the Sporting calendar of the South East Asian region and for the first time Jiu Jitsu will be represented .
It is unfair to the sport and to the players to deny anyone their chance to compete for their country in front of a home crowd .
There are no restrictions on any eligible BJJ competitors from any Teams who wish to compete .
The National Team should represent the best players in the country so its important that all teams send their members , no eligible players will be excluded.
The SEA Philippine Team will comprise of four players per division but the POC has approved the weight classes for the SEA Games as per Team entry form.
This is a clear and open invitation to all BJJ schools to send their best players to find the best Team to represent the country at the 2019 SEA Games.
1. Must compete in the National Trials and place in the top 2 to be considered ,
or are a Filipino based Player with exceptional competition results ie " Wild Card Selection"
2, Current National Team members can qualify by receiving a medal in a JJAU or JJIF
International event see below>
3. BJJ players from schools supervised by a resident or Non resident BJJ black belt are eligible to compete
and are members of JJFP , Academy membership is free.
4. All qualified competitors will have to undergo a drug and Doping test as required by JJAU.
5. One on One interview with the Coaches to insure they can commit to the training schedule and
be part of a team environment.
6. Overseas eligible players must compete under a local JJFP Affiliated school
The following National Team members listed below are considered members of the
2018 JJFP National Teamand are not required to compete in the Nationals after
placing in an International Event and have qualified for selection.
Meggie Ochea - 45kg
Kaila Napoles - 49kg
Annie Rameriz - 55 kg
Mariella Rafael - 55kg
Dylan Valmones 70kg +
Jan Cortez - 56kg
Gian Dee - 62kg
Carlo Pena - 62kg
Marc Lim - 69kg
Adrian Guggerheim - 77kg
Rian Serenas - 77kg
Marvin Manalo - 85kg
Dean Roxas - 85kg
The team will comprise of four competitors per weight class for the SEA Games.
There is no guarantee that all weight classes will be accepted in the SEA Games
2018 JJFP Philippine National Trials - 2018 - 2019 Trials
NOTE: - Eligible Competitors
The Trials are open to Philippine Nationals only ,including non resident Filipinos eligible for selection based on the following criteria. All Teams are invited
Selection criteria for National Team members
Selection is also open to players even if you do not live in the Philippines
1. Philippine Passport Holder
2. Dual citizenship carrying a Philippine passport
3. Does not have a Philippine passport
But is eligible to apply for a Philippine passport.
1 parent should be/ have been a Filipino citizen
4. Overseas Nationals must be affiliated to a local based team registered with the JJFP.
5. All local based players and their Team must be members of the JJFP.
Competition Registration Fee - Deadline Wednesday Oct 31
Before Oct 28
Comp fee P1495
After October 28
Registration fee P1695
Check your entry , Team name , Weight
Competitor list: Click link http://www.grapplingcontests.com/asiacompetitors2.php
:Corrections can be made by email only to . firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday October 30 Not after .
BRACKETS CLICK LINK : http://www.grapplingcontests.com/asianov18/JJFPBracketsV2.pdf
MATCH SCHEDULE BY DIVISION : http://www.grapplingcontests.com/asianov18/JJFPMatScheduleByDiv.pdf
MATCH SCHEDULE BY MAT NO : http://www.grapplingcontests.com/asianov18/JJFPMatScheduleByMat.pdf
Be at the venue 1 hour prior to your mat , the mat schedule is an approximate time only .
Registrations are processed only after payment has been received.
1. Online registration - click the registration links
For your registration to be processed you must pay at the same time that you register,
follow the links after registration.
2. Direct deposit - for multiple or Team entries only
You must email your deposit slip with your entries at the same time
ECD Events Concepts and Designs
Bank of Commerce,
111 - 00 - 0027533
Email deposit slip and entries to; email@example.com
3. Direct payment
Pay at KMA
Tordesillas St Makati or
Wack Wack Gym Mandaluyong
Contact details ; Tel Brady 551 -4449
Email to Mike ; firstname.lastname@example.org
BRACKETS - (released prior to the event)
For Corrections please send an email to ; email@example.com
Subject " CORRECTION " before or on Tuesday October 30.
NO CHANGES will be made October 30 .
Competition will start at 9. 00 am for all events please follow instructions as per event.
A match schedule will be posted for each event by the Wednesday prior to the event.
Please be at the venue 60 minutes prior to your match time.
Juniors 5 minutes
Male / Female Adults 6 minutes
Must wear a Shirt and Shorts , or Gi
Competitors can Weigh in with or without the Gi
No compression Shirts or shorts
Where to weigh in
You can weigh on the Saturday before the event or
at the venue on Sunday
Locations and time for weigh ins
1. KMA Fitness and Martial Arts
Tordesilas St Salcedo 11am to 3 pm only
2.Mall of Asia 6 .30 to 9.30 pm
Music Hall Area
3. On the day at the venue
Please see the Team entry forms for the weight divisions.
For regional events Judo Black belts are required to register
in the Blue belt division.
Junior competitors all belts
Male / Female competitors Blue belts and Above
2018 JJFP National Trials Weigh Divisions .
Junior development program .
JUNIORS AGE 18 /19 /20 - ALL BELTS
Selections will be for the following divisions -
U62 , U 69 , U77kg
Combat Jiu Jitsu development program
This sport is suitable for Strikers MMA fighters with grappling experience.
Please read the rules under the JJFP Section for more information
This is also part of a development program and a team will be selected
for events held next year in the Philippines.
Male Adult - U 56kg
Male Adult - U 62 kg
Male Adult - U69 kg
Male Adult - U 77kg
Male Adult - U 85 kg
Male Adult - U 94 kg
Male Adult - O 94kg
2018 JJFP SEA Games Selection Trials .
Selection for the SEA Games is based on the Divisions below
FEMALE Adult divisions
BLUE BELTS AND ABOVE ONLY
Female Adult - U - 44kg
Female Adult - U - 49kg
Female Adult - U - 55kg
Female Adult - U - 62kg
Female Adult - U -70kg
Female Adult - O + 70KG
MALE - Selection Trials
BLUE BELTS AND ABOVE ONLY
Male Adult - U - 56kg
Male Adult - U - 62kg
Male Adult - U - 69kg
Male Adult - U - 77kg
Male Adult - U - 85kg
Male Adult - U - 94kg
Male Adult - O+ 94kg
JJAU rules apply including the dress code
Instructions will be in English
Juniors - Blue belt rules apply
Male / Female Adults
Black belt rules will apply.
- Footwear must be worn around the competition venue at all times; we want our mats clean for the competitor’s welfare and hygiene, walking bare feet is unacceptable in the mall.
- All competitors must leave the competition area immediately after their match.
- Do not walk in front of the scoreboards, across the mat to another mat or over the barricades
- Competitors climbing over the barricades or walking across the mats to get to another mat will be automatically disqualified.
- Wait on the side of the mat to be called by the referee before entering the mat area
- Show respect at all times to fellow competitors, officials and SM staff.
- All competitors are to wait for the winner to be announced before leaving the mat, in case of victory please stay in the warm up area.
- All competitors must wear Shoes / Shirts / Pants around the competition venue, change in the changing room provided.
- Competitors who do not abide by instructions giving by officials can be disqualified and possibly banned from future events.
- All competitors to read the code of conduct below
Venue and Mat rules - Important info
- No Spectators / Coach’s (Children's match's, one coach allowed) Allowed in the competition area,
Only authorized persons with an officials badge can video or photograph matches inside the competition area. If you are from a media source you can get an officials badge on the day
- Further obligations; we are guests in the mall, please act accordingly, foul language is unacceptable, children and parents are present..
- Do not walk or sit around the mall with out a shirt on, change your shorts or Gi pants in the change area or bathroom, failure to abide by any of these rules will lead to disqualification.
Code of Conduct
PLEASE NOTE - Other Venue rules / Competitor and Coach’s conduct;
- With the continued support of SM we are able to stage premier events at SM which are subject to certain conditions.
- All bags must be in the baggage area, no exceptions.
- Every person i.e. coach, competitor, spectator at a BJJ event represents the sport, the reputation of the sport is more important than the individual. Individual actions reflect the group, if you are unable to control yourself on or of the mat please do not attend or register for the event. As martial artists we should be an example of what is good about martial arts, respect, honor and good character.
- Any verbal abuse directed towards the Referee, Officials, SM staff, would be cause for immediate disqualification from the competition and possibly a one-year competition ban, any physical abuse is a lifetime ban without recourse. In certain cases IBJJF will also be notified. If you do not follow instructions given by officials this will be cause for immediate disqualification without warning. .
- At any time during a match if a competitor acts in an unsportsmanlike manner i.e. shoves his opponent this is cause for an immediate disqualification from the event, no medal if won will be awarded.
Please follow the instructions given by officials or SM Staff, if you are asked to leave the area, please leave.
We are all here for the enjoyment of the sport, to see competition at its best and to have fun at these events. The Referees and Officials are there to carry out important functions with out them the events would not exist; they are entitled to everyone’s utmost respect.
The Sport cannot accept any disrespect directed towards officials and between individual competitors.
Become a member: Please fill out the forms below
Annual Individual membership Fee : P250
Team membership 1st year : Free
All JJFP competitors must be members of both a recognized
JJFP Team and a current member of the JJFP Federation to
be eligible to compete in a JJFP competition.
Competition fee includes the JJFP membership fee of P250.