Pan Asians BJJ Gi & No Gi Adults / Masters / Kids International - Sept 9
2018 Pan Asian BJJ Gi / No Gi and Adults / Masters- / Kids International Open Sunday September 9 , SM Mall of Asia
The Pan Asians BJJ International Open is recognized as one of the regions largest and most competitive BJJ events will be held over just one day.
Due too the time constraint we will close off registrations once we have reached capacity.
The event will feature both Gi and No gi competitions along with Children divisions and 3 Masters divisions.
Masters Absolute and Women;s Masters White / Blue have also been added see details below.
If you are in the Masters divisions you can also enter the Adults in Gi and or No Gi.
All Competitors can enter both the Gi and or No Gi competition.
Children's divisions are mixed belts designated by weight, boys and girls are combined.
Masters 1 - M1 1988 or before , M2 1982 or before , M3 1977 or before
Junior’s - White Belts , 18 and Under ( born 2001 or after ) Friday
Kid’s , Age Up to 14 (born 2004 or after - divisions are mixed belts white, grey, yellow,orange and green )
All BJJ Teams and players are welcome.
RE two divisions on the same day; .
Competitor can enter two divisions on the same day i.e. Juniors and Adults or Masters and Adults but each time you will have to make an additional entry the discount only applies if you enter both Gi and No Gi not for two divisions on the same day
To ensure the highest standard of competition, several of the regions most experienced Black Belt referees have been invited to officiate.
6 mats will be allocated for the 2018 Pan Asians International Open.
Date and start time
DATE; Please note children’s divisions under 14 will be on Sunday
Sunday June 3 , 8.30 am - BJJ Gi Adult / Masters divisions (except children's divisions U14 to be held on Sunday)
After the Gi divisions have been completed - No Gi Adult / Masters divisions and Children's BJJ divisions
We expect to complete the children's divisions including the awarding by 1pm.
SM Mall of Asia
Ground Floor, Music Hall
Partner Hotel s – For discounted rates - Booking reference BJJFP .
1. Orchid Garden Hotel , Website ; http://www.booking.com/hotel/ph/orchid-garden-suites.en-gb.html?aid=3119...
2. Paragon Hotel Manila
Please ensure you include your team name when you register and check your details below once you have registered.
Registration will close early once we have reached capacity,
Registration deadline - Monday May 28
One event P1995
( to register in two divisions on the same day you must register twice)
Both Events add P795
The discount applies to Gi and No Gi only if you register for both events
Same Gi or No Gi event two divisions ie Adults and Masters P1995 x 2.
FULL CAPACITY - REGISTRATION CLOSED
Email Mike : email@example.com
The Discount for two events ( Gi and No Gi only ) is automatic when you register.
If you wish to register for two divisions i.e. Masters / Adults you must register and pay twice.
Refunds ; No refunds allowed , single entries can be moved to another division
View your registration here.
BRACKETS - CORRECTIONS – You can make any changes required to your registration on or before Tuesday1pm May 29.
Please check the competitor list when you register
For any changes please send an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject " CORRECTION " anytime on or before Tuesday September 4, 1pm
changes can be made immediately.
Corrections - No Corrections will be made after 1pm Tuesday September 4
BRACKETS - GI www.grapplingcontests.com/bjjfpjune18/GiBracketsV1.pdf
Due to the number of competitors and time constraints the Absolute divisions are restricted to two players only per Team (Division medalist )
Masters Absolute - Masters 1 divisions only , No Masters 2 or 3 Absolute divisions
Masters 2 and 3 can choose to Join the Masters 1 Absolute divisions
Absolute registration will be made on the day for division medalists only.
The Absolute registration table is next to the Podium , immediately register after receiving your medal.
Two players from each Team who received a medal in their divisions can register only. No exceptions .
BRACKETS - NO GI http://www.grapplingcontests.com/bjjfpjune18/NoGiBracketsV1.pdf
If you do not make weight on the day you will be disqualified.
No registrations accepted on Tuesday or at the event
MATCH SCHEDULE - Start 8.30am see schedule below for your match time
MATCH SCHEDULE - By MAT : http://www.grapplingcontests.com/bjjfpjune18/ScheduleByMat.htm
MATCH SCHEDULE - By DIVISION : http://www.grapplingcontests.com/bjjfpjune18/ScheduleByDiv.htm
Check the Match schedule for your match time and number , be at the warm up area ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR MATCH SCHEDULE.
Match’s may start earlier than the prescribed time.
Message to competitors ;
Absolute match's will start once most of the divisions are done as the mats free up starting with White , Blue , Purple , Brown and then Black
Kids will be 1st on Sunday and should be completed by 1pm including the awarding.
With 6 mats running we endeavor to make the match's move according to the match schedule and on time competitors must be
in the warm up area one hour before the match schedule.
Disqualification - Over the weight limit / Do not come to the weigh in area or mat after three calls
SUNDAY June 3 - 2018 Pan Asian BJJ - Gi International Open
Weigh in 9am , see match schedule be at the venue on hour before the match time
All Adults Gi Divisions – all Belts except children under 14
Masters 1 , 2 & 3 and Juniors Gi
Order of the day:
All Masters / Junior Divisions Gi - Start time will be at 9.00 am.
Note: The Children's Gi (ages 5 - 14) competition is held on Sunday
Absolute division medalists register on the day, No Absolute for Juniors
Black Belt Open weight registration: Open to medalist and Non medalists
SUNDAY June 3 , 2018 Pan Asian No Gi and Kids International Open
Weigh in 9am , Will start with Children divisions and Female divisions , followed by Juniors / Masters No Gi .
We anticipate all Children's divisions to end by 1pm including the awarding.
IBJJF current rules will be followed, see the rule links above
Please Note ; Rule Exceptions
1. Straight foot locks are not allowed in the white belt division.
(To ensure player safety for White belts and due to high medical costs )
2. Pink Gi's are allowed for the Women's divisions
3. In a bracket of Three the Loser of the 1st match fights the other opponent and if he
wins there is no further match to decide the winner. The winner of the 1st match is the champion.
If the other player wins he will fight the winner of the 1st match to decide the champion.
4. New IBJJF Rules ;
- Jumping to closed guards for White Belts , will result in a penalty and the match restarted
- No advantages will be awarded if a sweep is made and starts or ends in the 50/50 position
All Black, White, Blue or Pink for Ladies see Gi specifications for patches and length of Gi's in the rules section.
All athletes to wear Gi and belt (no t-shirts, groin cups, or knee braces, hair gel)
All Gi ‘s to be in good order no holes or tears or loose patches
No GI Attire
As required by IBJJF.
All competitors must wear a rash guard, which reflects their belt.
Examples; white sleeves for white belts / blue sleeves for blue belts, or all blue or all white rash guards, short or long sleeve. Minimum of 10% of the belt color should be reflected in the rash Guard.
No Gi - Weigh in with rash guard and shorts (no t-shirts, groin cups, body/ hair gel, or knee braces). .
Shorts: all Black fight shorts, logos are allowed on both rash guards and shorts, no pockets and zippers allowed.
Only athletes with the correct attire can compete, no exceptions. Approved Rash guards will be available at the event.
See the link on the front page for No Gi requirements. .
Notice to Competitors
- Before his/her first fight, the athlete will check his/her weight wearing the Gi or in No Gi with the correct attire.
- There is only one opportunity to check the weight.
- If the competitor does not make his/her weight, they will be immediately disqualified.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You cannot change divisions after the correction date above.
- No refunds issued for any reason, if you do not make weight you will be disqualified
- Any false information provided during registration such as Date of Birth and Eligibility qualification but not limited to; Will lead to immediate disqualification; such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future BJJFP/ IBJJF events.
- No spectators or coaches allowed in the competition area except for children's matches.
- Children's matches one coach only is allowed.
- Absolute divisions - only division medalists are eligible to compete in the Absolute
- No Straight foot locks allowed in the white belt division.
- All competitors to read the Code of Conduct and Competitor Etiquette below.
- Footwear must be worn around the competition venue at all times; we want our mats clean for the competitor’s welfare and hygiene, walking bare feet is unacceptable in the mall.
- All competitors must leave the competition area immediately after their match.
- Do not walk in front of the scoreboards, across the mat to another mat or over the barricades
- Competitors climbing over the barricades or walking across the mats to get to another mat will be automatically disqualified.
- Wait on the side of the mat to be called by the referee before entering the mat area
- Show respect at all times to fellow competitors, officials and SM staff.
- All competitors are to wait for the winner to be announced before leaving the mat, in case of victory please stay in the warm up area.
- All competitors must wear Shoes / Shirts / Pants around the competition venue, change in the changing room provided.
- Competitors who do not abide by instructions giving by officials can be disqualified and possibly banned from future events.
- All competitors to read the code of conduct below
Venue and Mat rules - Important info
- No Spectators / Coach’s (Children's match's, one coach allowed) Allowed in the competition area,
Only authorized persons with an officials badge can video or photograph matches inside the competition area. If you are from a media source you can get an officials badge on the day
- Further obligations; we are guests in the mall, please act accordingly, foul language is unacceptable, children and parents are present..
- Do not walk or sit around the mall with out a shirt on, change your shorts or Gi pants in the change area or bathroom, failure to abide by any of these rules will lead to disqualification.
Code of Conduct
PLEASE NOTE - Other Venue rules / Competitor and Coach’s conduct;
- With the continued support of SM we are able to stage premier events at SM which are subject to certain conditions.
- All bags must be in the baggage area, no exceptions.
- Every person i.e. coach, competitor, spectator at a BJJ event represents the sport, the reputation of the sport is more important than the individual. Individual actions reflect the group, if you are unable to control yourself on or of the mat please do not attend or register for the event. As martial artists we should be an example of what is good about martial arts, respect, honor and good character.
- Any verbal abuse directed towards the Referee, Officials, SM staff, would be cause for immediate disqualification from the competition and possibly a one-year competition ban, any physical abuse is a lifetime ban without recourse. In certain cases IBJJF will also be notified. If you do not follow instructions given by officials this will be cause for immediate disqualification without warning. .
- At any time during a match if a competitor acts in an unsportsmanlike manner i.e. shoves his opponent this is cause for an immediate disqualification from the event, no medal if won will be awarded.
Please follow the instructions given by officials or SM Staff, if you are asked to leave the area, please leave.
We are all here for the enjoyment of the sport, to see competition at its best and to have fun at these events. The Referees and Officials are there to carry out important functions with out them the events would not exist; they are entitled to everyone’s utmost respect.
The Sport cannot accept any disrespect directed towards officials and between individual competitors.