2024 Philippine Gi and No Gi Novice Championships dedicated to our valued white belt students new to the sport.
2024 Philippine Gi and No Gi Novice Championships dedicated to our valued white belt students new to the sport. Gold Medalist in previous BJJFP events and Judo Black belts are not allowed to compete . This is a long running event and many of our top competitors started off competing in this competition . IBJJF rules apply accept no straight footlocks allowed.
DATE:: Start 10.30 am March 9 Gi and No Gi Matches . The JJFP Kids competition will start before the Novice competition.
VENUE : Ayala Circuit Makati – https://www.ayalaland.com.ph/estates/circuit-makati/
ELIGIBILITY : White belts that have won Gold in a previous BJJFP comp. Judo Black belts and National Team Wrestlers. Note : If a competitor has won in a Gi BJJFP comp but not in No Gi they can compete in No Gi and vice versa. If you have won Gold in a BJJFP with no opponent you are still eligible to register in the Novice Competition .
RULES: IBJJF rules apply ; Exception no straight footlocks or any leg attacks allowed in the Novice Competition.
WEIGHIN : Before your 1st match.
Novice Ultimate Takedowns Gi (White Belts ) will be held on the Sunday October 22. Rules are based on the Fighting System of JJIF this comp is designed to find the best takedown competitors that can compete in the JJIF Ju Jitsu Fighting system .
Take down scoring : March time 3 minutes , Advantage 1 point , Takedown with 3 second stabilization 2 points after scoring competitors will restart from standing . An Athlete that scores three 2 point takedowns is declared the winner . Penalties plus one point to the opponent , disqualification on the 4th penalty.
Important dates ; Registration fee
Early Bird : P1995 Before Sunday Feb 18 add P1000 for No Gi – Absolute P600
After Feb 2 and up to Sunday March 3 : P2200 and a discount of P900 for No Gi – Absolute fee P600
Late registration up to : Wednesday March 6 , P2500 and a discount of P695 for No Gi – Absolute P700
CORRECTIONS : Wednesday March 6 April , you can self edit your entry on Smoothcomp on and before the deadline in your registration profile.
Brackets and Mat Schedule : will be released on Tuesday March 5, brackets and schedule will update as registrations are finalized.
All Competitor must create their own Smoothcomp account using their email address including Team Entries that are making direct deposits. From this account they can see the brackets match schedule and edit or make changes to their entry.
METHODS OF PAYMENT : Registrations can not be processed until payment is received
Online payment through Smoothcomp . Registration is not approved until the payment is completed. Incomplete registration will be removed once teh Deadkine has been meet
· Coaches or Team managers can make multiple entries using one email account and payment can be made via Bank Transfer Below:
· Direct deposits ie Gcash do not go thru the Registration system so it is not processed we need all the info such as Team , Competitors name belt weight and team name Events Concepts Designs Inc Bank of Commerce, Wack Wack , Petron Station Mandaluyong 111 – 0000 – 2851- 3 Email deposit slip and entries to; firstname.lastname@example.org
· Direct payment : single or multiple entries . Pay at KMA Tordesillas St Makati or Wack Wack Gym Mandaluyong
· Gcash is accepted , please email : email@example.com for details
. All Competitors to be at the venue at least one hour prior to the match schedule. Masters , Juniors and Children competitors please bring an ID with date or birth details.
For more info see www.bjjfp.com . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE ANY SINGLE ENTRY COMPETITORS ON MAT , YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR MEDAL ANYTIME ON THE DAY .
- VENUE DRESS CODE and RULES
- Wear a T shirt or rash guard at all times around the venue we are in a shopping center not the gym .
- CHANGE ROOM : Male and Female are provided behind the stage
- Use Footwear around the mat area to avoid brining dirt onto the Mats
- Please do not block the aisle ways and sit around shop frontages
GI AND NO GI ATTIRE: inspection is made prior to the match to ensure competition clothing meets the standards set by IBJJF see the rules section for further information at ibjjf.com. Head dress can be worn by female competitors.
- Gi ATTIRE : must be of uniform colour , of sufficient length ie the sleeves should be 5cm from wrist when arms are extended forward, the jacket must reach the athletes thigh area , pants need to reach the ankles. Only female competitors can wear a rash guard under the Gi. Undergarments must be worn , Gi must be clean and the belt and Gi in good condition .
- Gi inspection will verify whether the following official measurements are met: GI lapel thickness (1.3 cm), width of GI collar (5 cm), opening of sleeve at full extension (7 cm). Click to zoom image
- PATCHES may only be affixed in authorized regions of the GI, as depicted in the IBJJF Rules Book. They should be of cotton fabric and properly seamed.
- NO GI RASH GUARDS Both genders must wear a shirt of elastic material (skin tight) long enough to cover the torso all the way to the waistband of the shorts, colored black, white, or black and white, and with at least 10% of the rank color(belt) to which the athlete belongs. Shirts 100% the color of the athlete’s rank (belt) are also permitted.
- NO GI SHORTS FOR MEN : Board shorts colored black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs, without pockets or with the pockets stitched completely shut, without buttons, exposed drawstrings, zippers or any form of plastic or metal that could present a risk to the opponent, long enough to cover at least halfway down the thigh, and no longer than the knee.
- Also permitted are compression shorts made of elastic material (skin tight) worn beneath the shorts, in the colors black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs
- NO GI SHORTS FOR WOMEN : Shorts, compression pants (skin-tight spats) and/or compression shorts colored black, white, black and white, and/or the color of the rank (belt) to which the athlete belongs. The shorts must not have pockets or have the pockets stitched completely shut, must not have buttons, zippers or any kind of plastic or metal that could present a risk to the opponent, and must be long enough to cover halfway down the thigh and no longer than the knee.
- GI AND RASH GUARD CHECKING : Your Gi will be checked prior to the match , pre check your Gi and Belt that it matches the IBJJF requirements. You have one minute to change your Gi if it does not meet the specifications. Short sleeve Rash guards only they should be body fitting and contain not less than 10 % of your belt colour . Tops or shirts that are not body fitting are not allowed you will be required to change.
EVENT INFORMATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Competitors : please leave the competition area after your match to avoid congestion in the area. BE AT THE EVENT AREA ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR MATCH SCHEDULE.
- Not Allowed : Competitors are not allowed to wear groin cups.. Knee braces should not contain metal or plastic material. Gi & No Gi no slippery creams or oils allowed on the body or hair.
- Coaching : No Coaching within the Mat Area, except one Coach is allowed for Children’s or Novice matches, or for hearing impaired athletes. Please sit at the table side chairs and leave the area after the match.
- Photographers / Videographers please ask for a Media Badge , no one is allowed in the competition area without a badge.
- Change room / Toilet :Situated near the competition area. Wear your Gi or rash guard when in the mall do not walk around with out a shirt. Do not change in Public and always wear a shirt.
- Discipline : Please Observe the commands given by the Guards and the Event staff
- Awarding : You must receive your medal on the Podium, dressed in Competition attire. Can not receive your medal after the awarding ceremony. Single medalist can pick up their medals as per announcer.
- Ayala Mall : We are very grateful for the use of the Mall , Respect the Mall and its patrons , follow the instructions given by the Guards and Comp Officials , please keep your area clean and be courteous to others , no swearing or bad language is tolerated. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH. We want to project a good image of ourselves and the sport.
- Eligibility : Black Belts Adult competitors in Judo and National Team Wrestlers are not allowed to participate in this event.