2024 JJFP National Selection Gi and No Gi Trials Sunday
January 14, 2024
The Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines (JJFP) is pleased to host the 2024 JJFP National Selection Trials open to all JJFP Individuals of the JJFP member teams . The 2024 JJFP National Selection Trials are only for eligible players who hold a Philippine passport or Filipinos who hold an expired passport with an appointment for renewal. Current team members will be seeded.
Adults and Kids Weigh in Saturday January 13, at Ayala Circuit Makati at the registration table from 11am to 1pm for both Gi and No Gi and the Fighting system (Duo and Show are not required to weigh in ) , one weigh in is required only for both events. Weigh in at the main registration table.
JJIF MEMBERSHIP FEE : Individual JJFP membership fee of P1000 must be paid anytime prior to the weigh in , please bring a copy of your receipt. All Athletes must be members of the Federation to be eligible to compete for the Philippines.You do not have to be a competitor to join the Federation membership is welcome to all students of the Member Clubs.
Competitors Note: JJFP will be hosting Gi Adults and Juniors , and No Gi, Duo , Show and the Fighting System divisions for the Trials. Please check smoothcomp.com for the weight classes. Competitors must compete in the weight class they fall under, they cannot compete in the weight class above, ie U77kg player cannot compete in U85kg. This competition is open belt for Blue belts and above only. The Kids Divisions will be held 1st then Gi, No Gi , Show , Duo and the Fighting System.
The trials will determine the composition of the National team to represent the country at International Competitions next year . Anyone who competes in the trials regardless of the result will have the opportunity to compete at Regional JJIF events as part of the National Team on a self funding basis , priority will be given to National Team members.
Ruleset: The Ju-Jitsu International Federation (JJIF) Ne-Waza Rules will be followed. Please click here for the updated Rulebook or download the latest rulebook (JJIF Rulebook – English v2.3) at https://jjif.sport/downloads/.
Highlights from the latest rules update are as follows:
- No more referee decisions. All tied matches at the end of time will be settled via no time limit Golden Score: first to points or advantage, or if the opponent is given a penalty. (Section 5 Article 11, page 15)
- Match times for all age groups 18 years and older (includes adults and masters) have been updated to be 5 minutes long. (Age Categories and Fighting Time, page 72)
- Twisting and lateral attacks on the opponent’s knee (e.g. heel hook and reaping, etc) are now legal at No Gi Expert divisions. These remain illegal in all Gi divisions. (Permissible/Prohibited Techniques, page 70)
Qualification Process for the Philippine National Team below
- Jiu Jitsu Team. Competition will have 1st, 2nd and two 3rd placings.
- All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a paid up Individual member of JJFP member Club
- Eligible member Clubs https://jjfphil.wixsite.com/home/membership
- If your club wished to join send a message through the JJFP Facebook page
- To ensure the continued development and growth of Jiu Jistu in the Philippines only one overseas based athlete can qualify for each weight class . The team can be comprised of one local and one overseas based athlete or two local athletes depending on competition results
- Eligibility to Play:
- Exclusive to Filipinos passport holders
Filipino citizen / Born in the Philippines
Fighters must show:
• ID Passport only valid or expired
Overseas based Competitors must show a Philippine Passport or a clear photo copy
Holders of expired passports must show an Appointment with the DFA to be eligible.
Clothings Gis No Gi must not be torn.
All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a paid up Individual member of JJFP Individual membership fee P1000 , Club membership P5000.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday January 10, 2024 Registration link for Gi and No Gi : smoothcomp.com
Saturday January 13 , at Ayala Circuit Makati at the registration table from 11am to 1pm for both Gi and No Gi and the Fighting system (Duo and Show are not required to weigh in ) , one weigh in is required only for both events. Weigh in at the main registration table.
Payment has to be made online or to the account specified.
Team payment made directly to the bank account must include the fighter’s name, team and category and a copy of the receipt.
Payment Methods :
Registrations are processed only after payment has been received.
1. Online registration – at Smoothcomp
2. Philippine-based competitors : Direct deposit – for multiple or Team entries only
You must email your deposit slip with your entries at the same time.
Events Concepts Designs Inc.
Bank of Commerce,
Petron Station Wack Wack
Account : 111 – 0000 – 2851-
Email deposit slip and entries to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay at KMA
Tordesillas St Makati or
Wack Wack Gym Mandaluyong
4. Gcash : email email@example.com for details
Email to Mike; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Selection Information : The Adult National Team comprises of two persons per weight class and 2 more as part of the training pool . All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a paid up Individual member of JJFP member Club
- Junior National Team under age 18 : As part of the future development process of JJIF a Junior team will be established selected from players based here and Abroad. Juniors must meet the same membership criteria as adults including having a current Filipino passport affiliating to a local member team and paying the annual membership. Juniors can be selected into the National Team through performance in local JJFP and BJJFP competitions. Overseas based juniors can be selected based on results here in the Philippines or International results submitting a competition resume. Juniors who are members of the National Team can participate in JJIF events registered by JJFP. This current selection process for Juniors will last until January 2024 when it will be reviewed and updated.
- Juniors Travel expenses or these international events will be shouldered by the athlete.
- Junior Development Team Data Base : We encourage the parents of junior players to contact us by filling out the form below, so we can establish a database . We would require the full name, Address , Rank, Current Clubs, Competition profile and a copy of a Filipino passport. Junior Development form data base , please fill in the details on this form https://forms.gle/WfsdJAUgsavWbQJi9
- Medals Every weight classes’ FOUR best fighters receive medals
- Weigh in: Athletes will weigh in the day before see schedule above . This is the official weigh in (day before only ) you will be disqualified if you do not make weight at an official weigh in . The Official Weigh-in dress must be minimum a non – transparent T-shirt and Shorts covering the knees . The Weigh-in is under the supervision of a weigh-in official to ensure the athlete reaches the minimum and maximum weight limit of the weight category in which he or she is entered.
- RULES : JJIF rules apply
- Competitors can register and compete in both Gi and No Gi. For JJIF International events athletes can only compete in one event Gi or No Gi if both events are being held simultaneously
- For Multi sport events internal trials may be held to ensure the best players per weight class are sent .An internal trial is best of three matches for single opponents or Round Robin for Multiple opponents.
- For single event JJIF Competitions the winner of the trials or the next best placed person is the automatic choice.
- Special circumstances: . Where a Current National Athlete is injured ( with Doctors Certificate for sickness and on Orthopedic Certificate for any injuries ) or has a positive Covid test result given by a PCR test 7 days prior to the competition more than 7 days will not count . The exempted Athletes can maintain a place in the team as part of the training pool and could enter events by winning the Internal trials. This exemption applies only to current National Team members who have medaled in the previous year
- Competition Format
- In the Ju-Jitsu competition, each weight category will consist of a double elimination repechage tournament. The winners of the Semi-finals will advance to the Final. The competitors defeated in the elimination rounds will compete in the repechage, the two winners of repechage contests will be ranked third places.
- Brackets format:
- Best of Three Matches (divisions with 2 players)
- 3 Players – Comeback (divisions with 3 players)
- Round-Robin (divisions with 4 – 5 players)
- Combined Pool – Round Robin + Final Bracket (divisions with 6 players)
- Double-Elimination Brackets with Double Bronze Medal Matches (divisions with 7 or more players)
- Uniform : competitors must have and use WHITE GI according to the JJIF rules and belts in proper colour (Red and Blue) for official competitions. The GI must be clean.
What to Wear
Gi – Fighters will wear a White Kimono only: Red or Blue.Belts will be provided
No Gi – Fighters use Tights (Females only) shorts, Rash
Match Duration / Rules: JJIF Rules apply see below
Match time 5 minutes for Adults , Children 3 minutes, Juniors 4 Minutes
See rules information, copy and paste the link;https://www.scribd.com/document/342147635/JJAU-BookletFinal-20150927-LQ
- All calls are in English
Mat escape, same position as the fighter were in when they crossed the mat line or referee say, “stop”
The referee will call “ Fight “ to commence the match
Fighters are called-in two fights before their own, so one pair fighting, next pair waiting behind referee table and third pair in weigh-in check.
Fighters have to give ID to the referee’s table and they will get it back after the fight.
Fighter must first bow to the reff then to each other
Gi Fighters will be issued with a Blue or Red Belt for each match; you remove your original belt.
No Gi Fighters will wear a Red or Blue ankle band.
Please return the belt after your match.
FOR ALL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS:
Payments for Membership Fees will also now be accepted through the Smoothcomp platform.
• Complete all required information
• Be sure to upload your photo when creating your account Log in to Smoothcomp to complete the following steps: CREATE YOUR CLUB ACCOUNT AND APPLY FOR CLUB MEMBERSHIP (Club Membership Fee is P5,000):
1. Visit the link to CREATE NEW ACADEMY: https://smoothcomp.com/en/club/new
2. Be sure to assign your Club’s Head as Academy Manager 3. Once you have registered your Club as an Academy, click on the link to apply for JJFP membership: https://jjfphil.smoothcomp.com/…/107/academies/plans
I. Choose PROBATIONARY CLUB MEMBER if your Club satisfies ONE or MORE of the following criteria:
• You are applying as a new Club Member, with no previous JJFP membership
• You do not have a registered Black Belt head representing your Club EXCLUSIVELY (Black Belt Club Heads can only represent ONE Club)
• Your CLUB has less than twenty (20) registered and paid Individual Members
II. Choose REGULAR CLUB MEMBER if your Club satisfies ALL of the following criteria:
• Your CLUB was a Member during the previous calendar year and are currently applying for renewal
• Your Club has a Black Belt representing your Club EXCLUSIVELY
• Your Club has at least twenty (20) registered and paid Individual Members APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (Individual Membership Fee is P1000):
1. Make sure your Club Head has already created an Academy for your Club and has an approved Club Membership
2. Tap on your name on the top right corner of the screen and click on SETTINGS
3. Complete the JOIN ACADEMY fields and hit SUBMIT
4. Tap on the link to apply for an INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: https://jjfphil.smoothcomp.com/en/federation/107/membership Once you have completed your Membership Application, please present your Digital ID card when participating in all Jiu-Jitu Federation of the Philippines events and activities. You can access your Digital ID at the following link: https://smoothcomp.com/en/idSmoothcomp
- All Fighters must wear shoes around the competition area; failure to do so may mean disqualification.
- All competitors must enter the mat area when called from the weigh in area regardless if you weighed in the day before, climbing over the barricades or entry from another part of the enclosure will lead to disqualification.
- All winners must ensure they leave their contact details at the Podium Table
EVENT INFORMATION and REGULATIONS
1.Competitors : please leave the competition area after your match to avoid congestion in the area. BE AT THE EVENT AREA ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR MATCH SCHEDULE.
2.Attire : Undergarments must be worn, Men no Tshirts rash guard allowed under the Gi , Ladies Rash guard is allowed no Sports Bra. Check your Gi for the correct position of the patches and the quality of your Belt it should not be frayed and reach the length as prescribed by IBJJF .
3. Not Allowed : Competitors are not allowed to wear groin cups.. Knee braces should not contain metal or plastic material. Gi & No Gi no slippery creams or oils allowed on the body or hair.
4. Coaching : No Coaching within the Mat Area, except one Coach is allowed for Children’s or Novice matches, or for hearing impaired athletes. Please sit at the table side chairs and leave the area after the match.
5. Photographers / Videographers please ask for a Media Badge , no one is allowed in the competition area without a badge.
6. Footwear : All competitors wear slippers , thongs , flip flops , sandals or shoes around the Venue. Do not walk barefoot the dirt transfers to the mat.
7. Weigh in : If you do not make weight during the official weigh in you can be disqualified.
8 .Change room / Toilet :Situated behind the stage down the stairs , wear your Gi or rash guard when in the mall do not walk around with out a shirt.
9. Discipline : Please Observe the commands given by the Guards and the Event staff
10. Awarding : You must receive your medal on the Podium, dressed in Competition attire. One person only to accompany the winners on the stage to receive their medals. No awarding will be made if there are more than one accompanying the medalist. This is for safety reasons on the stage.
11. Gi & Rash Guard Checking : Your Gi will be checked prior to the match , pre check your Gi and Belt that it matches the IBJJF requirements. You have one minute to change your Gi if it does not meet the specifications. Short sleeve Rash guards should be body fitting and contain not less than 10 % of your belt colour . Tops or shirts that are not body fitting are not allowed you will be required to change.
12 . Ayala Circuit Makati : We are very grateful for the use of the Venue , Respect the staff and , follow the instruction given by the Guards and Comp Officials , please keep your area clean and be courteous to others , no swearing or bad language is tolerated. PICK UP YOUR TRASH.
Download the invitation letter for more information.