2024 JJFP Venum National Team Selection Gi and No Gi Selection Trials
The Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines (JJFP) is the National Sports Association (NSA) for Jiu Jiitsu in the Philippines recognized by the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC ) and the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC ) and is a member of the Jiu Jitsu International Federation (JJIF) which is striving to establish Jiu Jitsu as an Olympic Sport.
JJFP hold annual National Selection trials to find the best athletes to represent the Philippines. Competitors n the JJFP National Team Selection Trials must hold a Philippine passport or are Filipinos holding an expired passport with an appointment for renewal. Current team members will be seeded. The JJIF competition rule set will apply.
We are pleased to announce our JJFP partnerships as the Official supplier of Gis for the National Team. The Winnersof the Adult and Junior Competition will be given a Gift Certificayte from Venum.
For the 1st time JJFP will hold Children Teens and Juvenile divisions to give an opportunity for juniors to compete under the JJIF rule set . This is part of the Kids / Junior development program to identify upcoming athletes to compete in International Youth Competitions as part of the Philippine Youth Jiu Jitsu Team. Registration in these competitions and all associated costs are self funded.
Dates: Venue : Ayala Circuit Makati , Activity Center https://www.ayalamalls.com/main/malls/ayala-circuit
COMPETITION DAYS : JFFP Children’s, Teens Competition will be held on Saturday March 9 prior to the Novice Competition . Please make sure you are registered with JJFP.
SATURDAY MARCH 9 , start 9am: JJFP Children and Teens divisions ( open to all participants regardless of Nationality.) Weigh in before the match on March 9 please bring a copy of your JJFP Membership receipt .
Competition format : Single elimination matches Kids + 6-8yrs (over 6 and Under 8 yrs ),+8 ,- 10 , +10 -12 , Teens +12 – 15 held on the same day as the Novice Comp Saturday . Weighin before the match, please pay the JJFP membership prior to the match (P500). Membership can be filled in on the day or one the link below.
SUNDAY MARCH 10 : Juveniles +15 -18 Adults , and Masters will be held
Weigh in for Adults, Masters and Juveniles will be March 9 ,at Ayala Circuit Event Center Event registration table . Please bring a copy of your JJFP membership receipt.
JJIF Fighting system will be a Demonstration sport in the Trials. The same eligibility criteria applies. All Competitors must be official members of JJFP and a Members club.
JJIF MEMBERSHIP FEE : Individual JJFP membership fee of P1000 for Adults P500 for Children under 15 years must be paid anytime prior to the weigh in . Please bring a copy of your receipt. All Athletes must be members of the Federation to be eligible to compete for the Philippines. Non competitors can join the Federation , membership is welcome to all students of the Member Clubs.
MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT LINKS: Adults +18 P1000 , Children / Youth P500 , Clubs P3500. All competitors must register on the links below and bring the receipt to the weighin on Saturday between 11am and 1pm.
Children competiting on Saturday please register and bring the receipt on the day of the competition . Saturdays event will start first for Kids / Youth / Juveniles and will be listed in the Mat schedule.
Link for Individual Membership:
Link for Club Membership:
REGISTRATION FEES :
Kids , Teens , Juniors Early Bird : P1800 , Regular registration P2000 , Late Registration P2200
Adult Early bird registrations; 01 Sep – 18 Feb : P2000 discount for Gi & No Gi deduct P 700
Normal registration; 18 Feb – 03 Mar : P2200 deduct P 600 ( Gi & No GI )
Late registrations ; 03 Mar – 06 Mar: P2500 Deduct P500 (Gi & No Gi)
Competitors Note: JJFP will be hosting Gi Adults Kids Teens , Juniors and No Gi divisions in this years Trials. Please check smoothcomp.com for the weight classes. Competitors must compete in the weight class they fall under, they cannot compete in the weight class above, ie U77kg player cannot compete in U85kg. This competition is open belt for Blue belts and above only. The Kids Divisions will be held 1st then Gi, No Gi , Show , Duo and the Fighting System.
Highlights from the latest rules update are as follows:
Ruleset: The Ju-Jitsu International Federation (JJIF) Ne-Waza Rules will be followed. Please click here for the updated Rulebook or download the latest rulebook (JJIF Rulebook – English v2.3) at https://jjif.sport/downloads.
- No more referee decisions. All tied matches at the end of time will be settled via no time limit Golden Score: first to points or advantage, or if the opponent is given a penalty. (Section 5 Article 11, page 15)
- Match times for all age groups 18 years and older (includes adults and masters) have been updated to be 5 minutes long. (Age Categories and Fighting Time, page 72)
- Twisting and lateral attacks on the opponent’s knee (e.g. heel hook and reaping, etc) are now legal at No Gi Expert divisions. These remain illegal in all Gi divisions. (Permissible/Prohibited Techniques, page 70)
- All Matchers must be fought any fixed match will lead to both athletes being disqualified
- Turning inside on straight foot locks is allowed in Gi & No G
- If an athlete is in the 50/50 Guard position and grips the lapel or the belt of their opponent the athlete will have 20 seconds to pursue a position progression before receiving a penalty for lack of combativity. If positional progression has not been achieved before 20 seconds a penalty will be issued regardless of intention.
Philippine National Team Qualification process below
- Competition will have 1st, 2nd and two 3rd placings
- National Team Training (NTP )pool status: Will be awarded depending on the allocation form the PSC and the selection from the Coaching staf
- To ensure the continued development and growth of Jiu Jistu in the Philippines only one overseas based athlete can qualify for each weight class . The team can be comprised of one local and one overseas based athlete or two local athletes depending on competition results
- Athletes that compete in the Trials who did not qualify for the team , can also represent the country in regionally based JJIF International events providing the slots have not been taken by National Team members.
- Qualified Athletes can only move down a weight class for International events at the discretion and advice of the Coaching staff , athletes cannot fight above the weight class they qualified for .
- NTP National Team pool athletes all National Team must attend training sessions as advised or risk being removed from the team
- Current National Team Athletes will pre qualify for the National Team based on the following results : Medalist in World Championships, Asian Games , World Combat Games
ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY;
- All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a current member of JJFP to be able to compete.
- Eligible member Clubs https://jjfphil.wixsite.com/home/membership
- If you would like to regsiter a sa Club with JJFP please send a message through theJJFP Facebook page Registration link below https://jjfphil.smoothcomp.com/en/federation/107/academies/plans
- Exclusive to Filipinos passport holders Filipino citizens/ Athletes born in the Philippines Fighters must show:
- ID Passport only valid or expired Overseas based Competitors must show a Philippine Passport or a clear photo copy Holders of expired passports must show an Appointment with the DFA to be eligible
• All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a paid up Individual member of JJFP Individual membership fee P1000 , Club membership P3500.
PAYMENT METHODS :Registrations are processed only after payment has been received.
1. Online registration at Smoothcomp
2. Philippine-based competitors : Direct deposit – for multiple or Team entries only you must still register at Smooth regsitrations will be approved after payment receipt.
Account : Events Concepts Designs Inc.
Bank of Commerce , Petron Station Wack Wack Mandaluyong
Account : 111 – 0000 – 2851
Email deposit slip and entriies to; email@example.com
3.Direct payment Pay at KMATordesillas St Makati or Wack Wack Gym Mandaluyong
4. Gcash : email firstname.lastname@example.org for details after payment please email to the address below include your name the comp regsitered and the divisions.
ENQUIRIES : Email to Mike; email@example.com
- TEAM SELECTION
- The Adult National Team comprises of two persons per weight class and 2 more as part of the training pool . All competitors must be a member of a JJFP Member Club and a paid up Individual member of JJFP member Club
- Junior National Team under age 18 : As part of the future development process of JJIF a Junior team will be established selected from players based here and Abroad. Juniors must meet the same membership criteria as adults including having a current Filipino passport affiliating to a local member team and paying the annual membership. Juniors can be selected into the National Team through performance in local JJFP and BJJFP competitions. Overseas based juniors can be selected based on results here in the Philippines or International results submitting a competition resume. Juniors who are members of the National Team can participate in JJIF events registered by JJFP. This current selection process for Juniors will last until January 2025 when it will be reviewed and updated.
- Juniors Travel expenses for these international events will be shouldered by the athlete.
- Junior Development Team Data Base : We encourage the parents of junior players to contact us by filling out the form below, so we can establish a database . We would require the full name, Address , Rank, Current Clubs, Competition profile and a copy of a Filipino passport. Junior Development form data base , please fill in the details on this form https://forms.gle/WfsdJAUgsavWbQJi9
- Youth Divisions will be under 14 , U 16 and U18 years. All Youth players must be eligible to hold a Filipino passport or are applying for one now , are part of a member team and are members of the Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines (JJFP) The Philippine Youth Jiu Jitsu and Adult Team under JJFP are the only athletes recognized to compete in International Jiu Jitsu Competitions. Brackets for the Children’s matches will be two Bronze medals and single Elimination.
- Masters Divisions have been added to the competition , but only players that compete in the Adult Trial divisions are eligible for the National Training Pool.. Winners in the Masters divisions can compete under the Philippine Team in self funded International events in Masters divisions only .
- Medals Every weight classes’ FOUR best fighters receive medals
- Weigh in: Adults Athletes will weigh in the day before see schedule above . This is the official weigh in (day before only ) you will be disqualified if you do not make weight at an official weigh in . The Official Weigh-in dress must be minimum a non – transparent T-shirt and Shorts covering the knees . The Weigh-in is under the supervision of a weigh-in official to ensure the athlete reaches the minimum and maximum weight limit of the weight category in which he or she is entered.
- COMPETITION FORMAT
- In the Jiu-Jitsu competition, each weight category will consist of a double elimination repechage tournament. The winners of the Semi-finals will advance to the Final. The competitors defeated in the elimination rounds will compete in the repechage, the two winners of repechage contests will be ranked third places
- Best of Three Matches (divisions with 2 players)
- 3 Players – Round Robin (divisions with 3 players)
- Round-Robin (divisions with 4 – 5 players)
- Combined Pool – Round Robin + Final Bracket (divisions with 6 players)
- Double Bronze Medal Matches Reparcharge system (divisions with 7 or more players) For Women’s U 45 , 48 , 52 , and 57 and mens 62 and 69kg the Bronze medalists will fight for 3rd and 4th place .
- RULES : JJIF rules apply https://jjif.sport
- Competitors can register and compete in both Gi and No Gi. For JJIF International events athletes can only compete in one event Gi or No Gi if both events are being held simultaneously
- For Multi sport events internal trials may be held to ensure the best players per weight class are sent .An internal trial is best of three matches for single opponents or Round Robin for Multiple opponents.
- For single event JJIF Competitions the winner of the trials or the next best placed person is the automatic choice.
- Special circumstances: . Where a Current National Athlete is injured ( with Doctors Certificate for sickness and on Orthopedic Certificate for any injuries ) or has a positive Covid test result given by a PCR test 7 days prior to the competition more than 7 days will not count . The exempted Athletes can maintain a place in the team as part of the training pool and could enter events by winning the Internal trials. This exemption applies only to athletes that have medaled in any Multi Sport or JJIF event as part of the current National Team prior to the Trials.
WHAT TO WEAR
Gi – Fighters will wear a White Kimono , Gis must be clean and in good condition only: Red or Blue.Belts will be provided . No Gi – Fighters use Tights (Females only) shorts, Rash Guards ,
Match Duration / Rules: JJIF Rules apply see below Match time 5 minutes for Adults , Children 3 minutes, Juniors 4 Minutes
See rules information, copy and paste the link; https://www.scribd.com/document/342147635/JJAU-BookletFinal-20150927-LQ
NOTE : All Entries can be edited by the competitor up to the Last Registration Date
OTHER INFORMATION ; PLEASE VISIT firstname.lastname@example.org
ENQUIRIES : EMAIL email@example.com
Organizer & merchant
- 11 months on Smoothcomp
- 5+ events completed on Smoothcomp
- Girls Gi1995 PHP
- Boys Gi1995 PHP
- Teen Girls Gi1995 PHP
- Teens Boys Gi2000 PHP
- Juvenile Girls Gi2100 PHP+15-18 years
- Juniors Boys Gi2100 PHP+15 – 18 years
- Female Gi2200 PHP18 years and above
- Male Gi2200 PHP18 years and above
- Female No-Gi2200 PHP18 years and above
- Male No-Gi2200 PHP18 years and above
- Female Fighting System2000 PHP18 years and above
- Male Fighting System2000 PHP18 years and above
- Last chance to cancelPassed(12/03/2023 6:00 pm)
- Refund: Not activated for this event
- Last chance to edit1 month from now(04/17/2024 12:59 pm)
Copyright © 2024 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation of the Philippines (BJJFP). All rights reserved.
- All calls are in English
Mat escape, same position as the fighter were in when they crossed the mat line or referee say, “stop”
The referee will call “ Fight “ to commence the match
Fighters are called-in two fights before their own, so one pair fighting, next pair waiting behind referee table and third pair in weigh-in check.
Fighters have to give ID to the referee’s table and they will get it back after the fight.
Fighter must first bow to the reff then to each other
Gi Fighters will be issued with a Blue or Red Belt for each match; you remove your original belt.
No Gi Fighters will wear a Red or Blue ankle band.
Please return the belt after your match.
FOR ALL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS:
Payments for Membership Fees will also now be accepted through the Smoothcomp platform.
• Complete all required information
• Be sure to upload your photo when creating your account Log in to Smoothcomp to complete the following steps: CREATE YOUR CLUB ACCOUNT AND APPLY FOR CLUB MEMBERSHIP (Club Membership Fee is P5,000):
1. Visit the link to CREATE NEW ACADEMY: https://smoothcomp.com/en/club/new
2. Be sure to assign your Club’s Head as Academy Manager 3. Once you have registered your Club as an Academy, click on the link to apply for JJFP membership: https://jjfphil.smoothcomp.com/…/107/academies/plans
I. Choose PROBATIONARY CLUB MEMBER if your Club satisfies ONE or MORE of the following criteria:
• You are applying as a new Club Member, with no previous JJFP membership
• You do not have a registered Black Belt head representing your Club EXCLUSIVELY (Black Belt Club Heads can only represent ONE Club)
• Your CLUB has less than twenty (20) registered and paid Individual Members
II. Choose REGULAR CLUB MEMBER if your Club satisfies ALL of the following criteria:
• Your CLUB was a Member during the previous calendar year and are currently applying for renewal
• Your Club has a Black Belt representing your Club EXCLUSIVELY
• Your Club has at least twenty (20) registered and paid Individual Members APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (Individual Membership Fee is P1000):
1. Make sure your Club Head has already created an Academy for your Club and has an approved Club Membership
2. Tap on your name on the top right corner of the screen and click on SETTINGS
3. Complete the JOIN ACADEMY fields and hit SUBMIT
4. Tap on the link to apply for an INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: https://jjfphil.smoothcomp.com/en/federation/107/membership Once you have completed your Membership Application, please present your Digital ID card when participating in all Jiu-Jitu Federation of the Philippines events and activities. You can access your Digital ID at the following link: https://smoothcomp.com/en/idSmoothcomp
- All Fighters must wear shoes around the competition area; failure to do so may mean disqualification.
- All competitors must enter the mat area when called from the weigh in area regardless if you weighed in the day before, climbing over the barricades or entry from another part of the enclosure will lead to disqualification.
- All winners must ensure they leave their contact details at the Podium Table
EVENT INFORMATION and REGULATIONS
1.Competitors : please leave the competition area after your match to avoid congestion in the area. BE AT THE EVENT AREA ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR MATCH SCHEDULE.
2.Attire : Undergarments must be worn, Men no Tshirts rash guard allowed under the Gi , Ladies Rash guard is allowed no Sports Bra. Check your Gi for the correct position of the patches and the quality of your Belt it should not be frayed and reach the length as prescribed by IBJJF .
3. Not Allowed : Competitors are not allowed to wear groin cups.. Knee braces should not contain metal or plastic material. Gi & No Gi no slippery creams or oils allowed on the body or hair.
4. Coaching : No Coaching within the Mat Area, except one Coach is allowed for Children’s or Novice matches, or for hearing impaired athletes. Please sit at the table side chairs and leave the area after the match.
5. Photographers / Videographers please ask for a Media Badge , no one is allowed in the competition area without a badge.
6. Footwear : All competitors wear slippers , thongs , flip flops , sandals or shoes around the Venue. Do not walk barefoot the dirt transfers to the mat.
7. Weigh in : If you do not make weight during the official weigh in you can be disqualified.
8 .Change room / Toilet :Situated behind the stage down the stairs , wear your Gi or rash guard when in the mall do not walk around with out a shirt.
9. Discipline : Please Observe the commands given by the Guards and the Event staff
10. Awarding : You must receive your medal on the Podium, dressed in Competition attire. One person only to accompany the winners on the stage to receive their medals. No awarding will be made if there are more than one accompanying the medalist. This is for safety reasons on the stage.
11. Gi & Rash Guard Checking : Your Gi will be checked prior to the match , pre check your Gi and Belt that it matches the IBJJF requirements. You have one minute to change your Gi if it does not meet the specifications. Short sleeve Rash guards should be body fitting and contain not less than 10 % of your belt colour . Tops or shirts that are not body fitting are not allowed you will be required to change.
12 . Ayala Circuit Makati : We are very grateful for the use of the Venue , Respect the staff and , follow the instruction given by the Guards and Comp Officials , please keep your area clean and be courteous to others , no swearing or bad language is tolerated. PICK UP YOUR TRASH.
Download the invitation letter for more information.